Department Accepting Applications for Junior Specialist in Economics
The Department is currently accepting applications for a Junior Specialist in Economics
The Department is currently accepting applications for a Junior Specialist in Economics (JPF02143). To apply online or review the application requirements, please see the listing on the UCSB Recruit website.
- Position title: Junior Specialist
- Percent time: 100%
- Position duration: 1 year, with renewal based on performance and funding
- Open date: December 3rd, 2021
- Next review date: February 11, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time). Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee
- Final date: Thursday, Jun 30, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time). Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Consortium of Applied Research in Economics (CARE) within the Department of Economics at UC Santa Barbara is recruiting a full-time junior specialist. Projects typically involve microeconomics and related topics, including timely research on COVID-19. The position entails:
- Oversight of research projects, including analyzing the secondary public health data and collecting primary data from field experiments;
- Design and execution of research projects using large data sets;
- Close collaboration with Professor Royer in order to: build datasets, produce insights from data, conduct statistical analyses, simulate models, prove model properties, contribute to academic papers, and oversee an undergraduate research team;
- Engagement with with Professor Royer’s coauthors, some of the top economics professors from Santa Barbara and other top universities.
The Department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the excellence and diversity of the academic community through research, teaching, and service.
For apply online or find more information on the application requirements, please review the listing on UC Santa Barbara's Recruit website.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. New University of California employees must (a) provide proof of receiving at least one dose of a COVID-19 Vaccine no later than 14 calendar days after their first date of employment and provide proof of Full Vaccination no later than eight weeks after their first date of employment; or (b) if applicable, submit a request for Exception or Deferral no later than 14 calendar days after their first date of employment. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.