Economics PhD Program Recruitment
Congratulations on your acceptance to graduate study in the Department of Economics at the University of California, Santa Barbara! We very much hope you will choose to attend UCSB. This page is here to serve as a resource for you as you decide if UCSB is the best choice for you to attend. We are here to help and answer questions.
Individual Zoom meetings can be arranged by emailing Mark Patterson at email@example.com.
Campus Resources for New Graduate Students
- New Graduate Student Resources
- A Short Video Tour of UCSB for our Future Graduate Students
- Graduate Student Orientation
- #GradStories - Learn more about graduate student research and experiences at UCSB, a special storytelling series from the UCSB Graduate Division
- UCSB Graduate Program Alums: Profiles of Success
UCSB Economics PhD Program Brochure
Deadline to accept or decline offer of Admission and Financial Support: April 15, 2023
In order to accept or decline your offer of admission to UC Santa Barbara, you must complete:
- The online Statement of Intent to Register (SIR)
- Sign a copy of Financial Support Offer sent via DocuSign indicating acceptance or decline
In addition, those accepting the offer of admission must also complete the Statement of Legal Residence (SLR).
To complete the Statement of Intent of Register, login to your electronic application.