CPA Advising

If you would like to track your progress with the CPA requirements please bring a copy of your course history from GOLD to the Career Connection Office (2119 North Hall).  You can access your course history by selecting “academic history” on the left side bar and then clicking on the “course history” tab. 

Even though 225 quarter-units are equivalent to 5 years of coursework, students can and do achieve the unit requirement by in a variety of ways. For more information regarding the CPA requirements and the programs that the university has in place, please review our CPA at UCSB informational flier.

In addition, the Career Connection office has created helpful worksheets to assist students with tracking their progress towards meeting the CPA requirements:

2017 requirements, blank

2017 requirements, major classes listed 

For more information, please see our CPA FAQ.

Detailed information regarding the CPA licensing and exam process can be found on the Career Connection blog.

Transcript requests for the CPA Exam

All students who plan to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation must send official transcripts, from every institution they attended, to the California Board of Accountancy (CBA). Complete instructions on how to order the transcripts and have them sent to the board can be found here.