Department Accepting Applications for Accounting Lecturer
The Department is currently accepting applications for an Accounting Lecturer in Economics
The Department is currently accepting applications for an Accounting Lecturer in Economics (Pooled Search).
- Position title: Accounting Lecturer
- Percent time: Position may range from 33% to 100%
- Position duration: Temporary and variable, ranging from one to three courses per quarter, and from one quarter to one year in length, with the possibility of reappointment, based on department needs.
- Open date: September 8, 2023
- Next review date: Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time). Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee
- Final date: Sunday, March 31, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time). Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The UCSB Department of Economics is creating a pool of lecturer candidates for the potential to teach one or more undergraduate courses for students pursuing the economics and accounting degree. We are particularly interested in candidates who are qualified to teach courses in tax accounting.
Members of the pool would be called upon to teach lower or upper division students during the 2023-2024 academic year, as needed. The number of positions varies by quarter, depending on demand and the needs of the department.
Please visit our website for a list of course offerings at [https://my.sa.ucsb.edu/public/curriculum/coursesearch.aspx]
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching, and service as appropriate to the position.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship. Also, please note that the department cannot reimburse travel or moving expenses for relocating.
Please note: The use of a lecturer pool does not guarantee that an open position exists at the time you are applying. See the next review date specified in UC Recruit to indicate the next potential upcoming opening. If there is no future review date showing, your application may not be considered at this time.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Teaching - This is meant to provide insight into past teaching experience, teaching methods, experience teaching in various settings, and to get a general idea about your teaching background.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service.
Teaching Evaluations (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
Please provide contact information for 3-5 references. They may be contacted by phone for finalists only.
Apply link: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/JPF02562
Help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
UCSB is an AA/EOE, including disability/vets.