|Department of Economics
University of California at Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106
|Phone: 805 - 893 - 4532
Dep.Fax: 805 - 893 - 8830
Direct links to recent work:
• Optimal Retirement Financing: Separating Public Pension Eligibility from Retirement (Sept. 2014)
• Intergenerational Mobility and the Political Economy of Immigration, with Armando Lopez-Velasco (Sept. 2014)
• Low Altruism, Austerity, and Aversion to Default: Are Countries Converging to the Natural Debt Limit? (May 2013)
• Calculation of a Population Externality with Charles Stuart (June 2014, forthcoming AEJ: Economic Policy).
• Revenue Extraction by Median Voters with Charles Stuart (Revised, Feb. 2013, previously titled: Voting over Non-Linear Taxes in a Stylized Representative Democracy.)
See my Research
Page for other working papers. See Data Sets,
Items "available from the author" and other research material
for proofs, data, appendices, and other
items promised to be available from the author.
Students: Here are links to specific class pages and course outlines:
Econ 135 Econ 204A Econ 229 Econ 280BSee my teaching page for course descriptions and other general information.
If you send me e-mail about classes, please use the course number in the subject line.